Exploring Krabi: Baan Din Daeng Noi. An Amazing Resort, Great Restaurants, a Lookout and a Thai Food Market. NEW THAILAND FOOD AND TRAVEL VIDEOS EVERY WEEK. Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/user/darrenb3. Unseen Krabi: Krabi Thailand Travel Guide.
This was a weekend getaway my family and I had in Krabi Thailand recently at Chanapha Residence in Nong Thale. The rooms were amazing and the food we had there was delicious! If you’re looking for accommodation in Krabi we can highly recommend Chanapha Residence … tell them Darren sent you 🙂 https://chanapha.com
The Google Maps coordinates for the places featured in the video are:
The Lake View Restaurant: https://goo.gl/maps/W3Lc1xiarQGdc44LA
Chanapha Residence: https://goo.gl/maps/VQHEmEMSXQu
Klongsai Seafood Restaurant: https://goo.gl/maps/8sxMapxt1d3wvo5B6
Din Daeng Doi: https://goo.gl/maps/wyuhHzgrb7sUMrMSA
Khao Klom Fresh Food Market (Open Fridays 3pm till 6:30pm): https://goo.gl/maps/fMmAXM9Gz692
RECIPE FOR GAENG PHED PED YANG (Thai Grilled Duck Curry)
– Thai basil – 4 leaves and 1 branch tip (for garnish)
– 1/2 cup of Thai eggplants (Thai green aubergines), chopped
– 1/2 cup of Thai pea eggplants, whole
– 1/2 cup of chopped pineapple
– 1/2 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes
– 1 kaffir lime leaf, quartered
– 1 inch of chili pepper, sliced
– 1 duck breast, grilled and sliced
– 350 ml coconut milk, reserve 1 tspn for garnish
– 1 tbspn red curry paste
– 1 tspn palm sugar
– 1/2 tspn white sugar
– 1/2 tspn salt
– 1 tspn stock powder
– 200 ml water
1. Pour the coconut milk into a wok or saucepan and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the coconut oil begins to separate out and it becomes fragrant.
2. Add the curry paste, stir in until dissolved and simmer for 2 more minutes.
3. Add 100 ml of water, stir in and simmer for 1 more minute.
4. Add the Thai eggplant and stir for 1 minute.
5. Add the Thai pea eggplant and stir for 1 more minute.
6. Add palm sugar and stir till dissolved.
7. Add the pineapple and mix in.
8. Add the salt, white sugar and stock powder and mix in.
9. Add the cherry tomatoes and mix in.
10. Add the kaffir lime, 100 ml of water, mix in and simmer for 3 minutes.
11. Add the duck breast and mix in.
12. Add the basil leaves and mix in.
13. Serve into a bowl and top with 1 tspn of coconut milk, chili pepper and tip of Thai basil branch.
14. Serve with steamed rice and enjoy.
Din Daeng Noi is about 15 minutes from Ao Nang and 20 minutes to Krabi Town.
Check out my recent video, Phuket Street Food: 8 Things You Should Try in 2019 here:
Krabi is a beautiful and relaxing province in the south of Thailand. It has plenty of restaurants, shopping and nightlife, night markets, some great hotels and resorts, and the amazing Krabi islands including Phi Phi Island.
Donate to help me make more videos: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=ESL6RHW9ERZ8W&lc=AU&item_name=darrenb3%20Thailand%20Videos¤cy_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted
Subscribe to my channel if you want more videos on what to do in Ao Nang and Krabi, Phuket and Thailand in general. New Thailand food and travel videos posted every Wednesday about Ao Nang and Krabi hotels, resorts, villas, restaurants, Thai food, Thailand markets, holidays, street food, accommodation, tours, tourism and Thailand travel.
If you’re looking into Thailand Hotels have a look at hotels and resorts in Krabi. The islands and beaches of Krabi are famous for Thailand holidays, the movie The Beach was filmed on Krabi’s Koh Phi Phi Island.
Krabi is about 2-3 hours from Phuket by land or sea, and has world class accommodation standards comparable to what you find in Phuket hotels and resorts, but in a more relaxed environment.
All music in the video is from Epidemic Sound
#krabithailand #thaifood #darrenb3 #krabifood #foodinthailand