Authentic Thai Pork Larb Recipe (Laab Moo) – Spicy Thai pork Salad. NEW THAILAND FOOD AND TRAVEL VIDEOS EVERY WEDNESDAY. Subscribe for more Thai food videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/darrenb3.
Breakfast, Shopping & Street Food at a Food Market in Thailand. Thai Food Recipes
In this video my wife and I we go to a local Thai food market for breakfast and to buy the ingredients for the delicious Thai Pork Salad, Larb (Laab Mu ลาบหมู), which my wife shows you how to cook it when we return home.
The market in the video, Talad Gao, is in Krabi Town in Krabi Thailand. It’s open every day from 6am till 6:00pm and its Google Maps coordinates are: https://goo.gl/maps/kAzcvEuaZLH2
Thai larb, is often made with minced pork, minced chicken, duck, catfish and many other things. It is one of the most popular Thai street food dishes in Thailand and you will also find it at nearly all Thai restaurants.
AORN’S EASY LAAB RECIPE
– 2 Thai red onions (shallots) – peeled and sliced
– 1 Coriander plant, finely chopped.
– 1 Green onion, finely chopped.
– Leaves from 2 mint stems, finely chopped.
– 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
– 2 tablespoons of fish sauce.
– 1 tablespoon of chili flakes (or more or less, to suit your taste)
– 1 tablespoon of jasmine rice
– 150ml of water
– 300 grams of minced pork.
1. Dry fry (no oil) jasmine rice over a medium heat for 3 minutes, then grind until powdered in a mortar and pestle.
2. Bring 150ml of water to the boil and add pork. Cook until cooked through (about 2.5 minutes).
3. Drain the pork and add to a bowl.
4. Add 3 tablespoons of the liquid from the pork pot, then add 1 tablespoon of fish sauce, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, 1 tablespoon of chili flakes, 1 tablespoon of toasted rice, the coriander, green onion and mint.
5. Mix well.
6. Serve with Chinese cabbage and long beans. It also goes well with rice.
7. Enjoy 🙂
Donate to help me make more videos: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=ESL6RHW9ERZ8W&lc=AU&item_name=darrenb3%20Thailand%20Videos¤cy_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted
Check out my Thai food video: Thai Food Guide: 10 Delicious Thai Foods You Should Eat in Thailand
You’ll find Thai street food on many street corners in Thailand, as well as at every market, be it in Krabi, Phuket, Bangkok or Pattaya. Thai food has taken many influences from Chinese food so you will find many familiar flavours. Thai food markets and night markets are some of the best places to buy fresh and authentic Thai food while you travel in Thailand. There are loads of Thai food markets and night market all over Thailand, you’re never far from one. At the markets you’ll find so many Thai dishes on offer and the foods here are cheap, and so tasty! And in case you’re worried, eating Thai street food is perfectly safe. It’s what the locals eat and it is cooked fresh and sold quickly. I’ve been eating it nearly daily since April 2012 in Thailand and my friends who have been to visit and tour Thailand have all eaten it, and none of us have had any problems. Thai street food is some of the best Thai food you’ll find in Thailand!
Subscribe to my channel for my latest vlog and for more videos on what to do and what to eat in Thailand. New Thailand videos posted regularly about Thailand including Phuket, Ao Nang and Krabi: Places to see, things to do, tours, Thai food, Thailand markets, Thai festivals & culture, Thai street food, shopping, hotels, resorts, villas, restaurants, Thailand holidays, tourism, accommodation & Thailand travel. Visit Thailand … you know you want to!
Krabi is about 2-3 hours from Phuket by land or sea, and has world class accommodation standards comparable to what you find in Phuket hotels and resorts, but in a more relaxed environment.
If you’re looking into Thailand Hotels have a look at hotels and resorts in Krabi. The islands and beaches of Krabi are famous for Thailand holidays, the movie The Beach was filmed on Krabi’s Koh Phi Phi Island.
I do not own the music in this video, all songs are from Epidemic Sound.