Following its successful 5th roll-out in 2017, the ‘WE LOVE COFFEE 2018” Program, is a joint initiative of CENTARA HOTELS & RESORTS and Jacobs Douwe Egberts Professional Thailand, and will go into it’s sixth edition next year, at all participating Centara Hotels & Resorts, and is powered by the Jacobs Douwe Egberts Professionals.
Our sixth edition will run for a 9 months period and will include an ever growing number of Centara Hotels, both owned and managed, right here in Thailand.
The long-term objective is to incorporate the international properties, as to achieve real consistency in coffee operations throughout the group, globally.
WHY INSTILL A ‘WE ♥ COFFEE’ PROGRAM IN ALL CENTARA HOTELS & RESORTS?
Coffee consumers are ever more discerning about their coffee, seeking quality espresso based coffees when they have a coffee outside their homes. The success of Starbucks and other chains is proof of this.
WHAT ARE THE KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE ‘‘WE ♥ COFFEE PROGRAM’ FOR CENTARA HOTELS/RESORTS?
1. To consistently serve a quality espresso based coffee, each and every day.
2. To further increase F&B revenues by increasing sales of espresso based coffees.
3. To identify and develop future F&B Managers, by selecting and supporting ‘Coffee Specialists’ who will effectively project manage the ‘WE ♥ COFFEE’ PROGRAM’, each and every day.
The 2017-18 Centara program consists of 5 key stages which are outlined below:
• Stage 1: Appointing of ‘Coffee Champions’ per Hotel Dec 2017
• Stage 2: ‘Train the Trainer’ by our Barista Champion ‘Mickey’ Jan – Feb 2018
o At property level or at our Coffee Academy in Bangkok
• Stage 3: Quality Audits & Mystery Shoppers to measure quality Mar 2018
• Stage 4: Espresso Sales Competition Apr-May 2018
• Stage 5: CENTARA Barista of The Year 2018 Competition BKK August 2018